Cadillac Buick Chevrolet GMC Oldsmobile Pontiac 1981-1988
THIS IS A UNIT EXCHANGE
If the outer case is broken, that is not important. The internal components are what is important. If there are missing or damaged internal components, a pro-rated refund may apply. If you have any questions, please contact us in advance. You can send
Proper Parts has re-engineered the housings for these units.
Our new housings are manufactured in the USA from extremely durable polyamide with fiberglass fill and are Guaranteed for Life. The internal components are reconditioned as needed and Guaranteed for 5 Years. The complete unit is assembled, tested, and shipped to you ready to be installed.
The original transmission housings were made of nylon. They were white when new but became brown and brittle over time, and many have disintegrated. Most failures are due to the housing breaking apart. There is no new OEM replacement available for this part.
Black, red, and yellow input shaft
These transmissions had a red or yellow input shaft and used a white plastic coupler. It was mounted to the motor with a 1/8 inch aluminum spacer plate between the two. If the coupler is tan, brown, or anything other than brilliant white, we recommend replacing it. We have them available new aftermarket here.
Instructions for shipping your core:
- Ship to: PROPER PARTS, 5725 HARRISON AVE, EXPORT PA 15632
- The receipt must be enclosed in order to process your refund.
- Please return cores within 30 days. After 45 days, a 10% fee will be charged. Every 90 days after, an additional 10% will be charged.
- You are responsible for return shipping on your core.
- Email tracking number to: email@example.com.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.