EURO 1991-1995 / US 1993-1995
THIS IS AN EXCHANGE SERVICE
You must first ship your core to Proper Parts:
When we receive your core, we will install our new control board into your ECU housing, repair your wiring harness as needed, and return a fully tested unit to you with a 5 Year Warranty.
Proper Parts has designed a brand new circuit board for this module.
Our new control board performs all the functions of the original except memory, which eliminates the battery. The original ECU included a memory function that required a battery. These batteries leaked over time which damaged the circuit board.
Because the original ECU can fail and force your seat into the steering wheel while you are driving, we do not rebuild the original board. We replace it with a brand new control board which does not use a battery. If your mirror moves with the seat switch, or your seat moves with the mirror switch, this is a dangerous condition and the ECU should be replaced.
Since 2011, Proper Parts has sold close to a thousand ECUs and we can probably recommend a mechanic near you who has experience with our product. Just contact us.
What is the core?
The complete core that you will need to ship to Proper Parts consists of:
- ECU housing
- Circuit board
- Wiring harness with connectors
What is an acceptable core?
If your core has been physically damaged, such as by fire, cut wires, or corroded connectors on the wiring harness, an additional charge may apply. If you have any questions, please contact us in advance. You can send photos and we'll give you a quote for the core value.
Core Charge Options:
OPTION 1: No core charge
- First, ship your core with purchase receipt to Proper Parts. When we receive your core, we will service it and return it to you. Turnaround is usually 1 - 2 business days.
- There is no core charge with this option provided that your core is complete and in acceptable condition.
OPTION 2: For faster turnaround, add $125 refundable core charge deposit.
- We can ship within 1 - 2 business days if you pay a refundable $125 core charge deposit.
- Your deposit will be refunded to your original payment method when we receive your core in acceptable condition.
- Please return your core with purchase receipt within 30 days.
OPTION 3: If you are not exchanging a core, add $125 non-refundable core charge.
- If you do not have a core to exchange, add $125 non-refundable core charge to the price for a total purchase price of $590.
Instructions for shipping your core:
- Ship to: PROPER PARTS, 5725 HARRISON AVE, EXPORT PA 15632
- Your receipt must be enclosed.
- Please return cores within 30 days.
- You are responsible for shipping your core. We advise insuring it for $500.
- Email tracking number to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.