VIN: 20,000 series | Controls seats only, not mirrors
Each front seat is controlled by its own separate ECU. The same unit is used on both the driver's seat and passenger seat. These units are the same for both RHD right hand drive and LHD left hand drive.
THIS IS AN EXCHANGE SERVICE
You must ship your core to Proper Parts:
When we receive your core, we will install our brand new circuit board into your ECU housing, repair your wiring harness as needed, and return a fully tested unit to you with a 5 Year Warranty. Turnaround is usually 1 to 2 business days.
Proper Parts has designed a new circuit board for this control module.
Our new control board performs all the functions of the original except memory, which eliminates the battery. The original ECU included a memory function that required a battery. These batteries leaked over time which damaged the circuit board.
Because the original ECU can fail and force your seat into the steering wheel while you are driving, we do not rebuild the original board. We replace it with a brand new control board which does not use a battery. If your mirror moves with the seat switch, or your seat moves with the mirror switch, this is a dangerous condition and the ECU should be replaced.
Proper Parts has sold close to a thousand ECUs since 2011, and we can probably recommend a mechanic near you who has experience with our product. Just contact us.
What is the core?
The complete core that you will need to ship to Proper Parts consists of:
- ECU housing
- Circuit board
- Wiring harness with connectors
What is an acceptable core?
If your core has been physically damaged, such as by fire, cut wires, or corroded connectors on the wiring harness, an additional charge may apply. If you have any questions, please contact us in advance. You can send photos and we'll give you a quote for the core value.
Core Charge Options:
OPTION 1: No core charge
- First, ship your core with purchase receipt to Proper Parts. When we receive your core, we will service it and return it to you. Turnaround is usually 1 to 2 business days.
- There is no core charge with this option provided that your core is complete and in acceptable condition.
OPTION 2: For faster turnaround, add $125 refundable core charge deposit. Return your core within 30 days to receive your refund.
- We can ship a unit within 1 to 2 business days if you choose this option.
- Your core deposit will be refunded to your original payment method when we receive your core in acceptable condition.
- Please return your core within 30 days. After 45 days, a late fee of 10% will be charged.
Instructions for shipping your core:
- Enclose a copy of your receipt with contact information.
- Ship to: PROPER PARTS, 5725 HARRISON AVE, EXPORT PA 15632.
- You are responsible for shipping your core. We advise insuring it for $500.
- Email tracking number to: email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact us.